Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Gabriel's First Day Swimming


swimming
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.


I'm really not a water person. I guess since my mom was afraid of us being in the water and kept us from it, I never really got used to it. I think that I would like Gabriel to be exposed to as much as possible and let him decide on what he likes and doesn't like on his own.

This weekend while Ricky and Donna were in town, we hung by the pool and let Gabriel take his first dip. The cool water took him by surprise, but he quickly got used to it. While holding him against my shoulder, he even let his legs float back behind him, and began kicking. I guess it's true that babies instinctively know how to swim already. He even let out little squeals and laughs as we went around. Even though he probably already knows how to swim, I didn't dare let him go, as I was afraid of him swallowing water. For now I'll be at least somewhat overly cautious.

IMGP0419
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home