Monday, April 24, 2006


rachel and gabriel
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.



There are many people that you meet throughout your life. I know in my case, I've had many people that I've hung out with, but have lost touch with. And then, there are those that you meet and know that you will be friends with for life.

I met Rachel a couple of years ago at my local dropzone. For the most part, I like the free spirited nature of skydivers, but I felt that Rachel and I hit off particularly well. From day one, we clicked and have been great friends ever since. I don't know if it's similarities in our personalities or that we just both like to shop a lot, but she has quickly grown to be considered one of my best friends.

I know that things in my life have gotten quite hectic and we haven't been able to hang out like we used to, but I can't say that hers hasn't been the same. You see, Rachel has been quite busy herself. She's getting married in Antigua next month to another fellow skydiver, and is moving to Charlotte.

So, I met Rachel downtown for lunch on her break as we do every so often. It was kind of sad to think that we wouldn't be having any more lunches like those anymore, but she will be in town fairly often, as her family still lives in the area. I'm sure that we won't be losing touch with each other, and still will be meeting up for shopping and lunches, but it just reminds me of how our lives change and take different directions.

It kind of reminds me of a picture frame that Jen gave me for Christmas one year with pictures of us growing up. The verse on it says it perfectly:

"Little by little time goes by, short if you sing, long if you sigh
Note by note, life's music plays on, songs ever changing but never gone."

Congratulations, Rachel, on your wedding! I wish you and James only the best that life has to offer!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home