Monday, May 15, 2006

First Mother's Day


First Mother's Day
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.



I celebrated my first Mother's Day this weekend. This morning I woke to find a card and a box of Godivas on the bed beside me and Gabriel from...Gabriel, of course. It was written in his daddy's handwriting, but at the end of the card, an "X" was written where Gabriel made his mark to let me know it was dictated by himself. Very cute.

We had our families over for a cookout. The weather really wasn't so great; it rained quite a bit. However, the food was just as good cooked on the grill and eaten inside. I had hoped of not lifting a finger that day, but with guests arriving, it was sort of inevitable. Nonetheless, my contribution to the food was a quick broccoli and cheese casserole. Kevin did a great job with his shrimp and grits with barbecue sauce...mmmm!

I was quite happy with my first official Mother's Day. For some reason, I was even excited about it. Did Gabriel really know it was Mother's Day? I think so. Did I mention that he slept through the night for 9 1/2 hours? Quite possibly that was the best Mother's Day gift all day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home