Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Northwood Assembly
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.
Sunday, Kevin and I brought Gabriel with us to church at Northwood Assembly. Even our parents met us there to attend Gabriel's baby dedication.

Dedicating a baby is somewhat like a baptismal or a christening, but the church believes that everyone should make their own choice to become christened or baptised. At a dedication, the parents vow to raise their child as a Christian, and when the child grows and is old enough to decide, they can choose to give their life to God when they are ready to.

I've visited Northwood Assembly a few times, while trying to find a church to belong to, and attending it this past Sunday only confirmed that I do enjoy it there. I've heard many, many times about people speaking in tongues and crazy things like that, but to be honest, I've never heard it. It is a little different from the Catholic way I was raised but every time I've gone there, I can't help but feel the sermons were made just for me, and I feel right at home. I think I've found a church to belong to. Surprisingly, Kevin even commented on how he actually liked the church himself, as this was the first time he attended with me.

Following service, was Gabriel's party and we had family over. Ricky and Donna were the only out-of-towners on my side that were able to make it, and it was nice for them to be able to see Gabriel again. They were amazed at how much he had grown, since seeing him only about a month ago. The food was good (and abundant), and I have to admit that I enjoy my role as a mommy. I am truly enjoying celebrating things with my own family and having get-togethers for Gabriel's little milestones.

Today I really felt like a family!

More pictures to come soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home