Sunday, November 21, 2004

Finding My Religion

Since I gave up on Catholicism about 5 years ago, I haven't been back to church. It's not that I don't believe in God, because I do. I'm just not too thrilled with the Catholic Church these days. I have a lot of questions that remain unanswered, and am doubting the Catholic faith will help me find my answers.

I've been wanting to find a church where I could find myself spiritually, and finally 5 years later, have quit talking about it and have finally done something about it. I visited a non-denominational Christian Church today, Northwoods Assembly.

Although Northwoods is a little different (no kneelers?!) from what I'm used to, I liked the idea that it is non-denominational. I could never understand why if we all believed in God, we should be labeled as different things. Everyone was very warm and friendly, and I left the sermon feeling good. I think I may very well give it another visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home