Thursday, November 11, 2004

(Love)Sick Again

I've been feeling under the weather here for the last few days. I haven't been able to sleep very well due to stuffy nose, fever, and skydiving on the brain. I woke this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Damn, I've got the darned flu again. I just got over being sick a couple of weeks ago!

After much thought, I realize now that I will continue my jump training. The weather is getting cooler, and Christmas is around the corner. I may very well put my training on hold until March or April. Although I feel a little sad about being away from the sky for so long, I feel hopeful still on graduating. I just don't want to quit on something I love so much. I talked to my brother the other day about my "depression" from my jump the other day, and his reply was, "It's just skydiving!" JUST skydiving?!? This sport has completely consumed me since I began training. Even since my first jump 5 years ago, it would cross my mind time and time again. Call me obsessive, but I eat, sleep, and breathe it.


For the first time, I have found something that I have whole-heartedly wanted to do. The privelege of touching clouds and and soaring with birds flying beneath me! Wow...The nervousness, the fear, the rush, the accomplishment!Even watching videos make my heart pound with excitement!

So, in the Spring when the weather is warmer, and I can commit myself a little better financially, I promise to myself I'll return. I promise to myself that I will make the commitment to jump more frequently and conquer my fear. But for now, I will continue to cheer on my buddies at the dropzone, gaze longingly into the sky, and dream...

(I might sneak in a jump sometime between then, though...just so it won't seem like too long)

Until the Spring!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home