Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Still Want To Fly

I found a skydiving forum today with some interesting stuff. There were a couple of threads about fear and stories of other jumpers' experiences with them. I know that it's strange, but it is not uncommon for the fears to pop up after the first handful of jumps. You wouldn't believe how many people admitted to their fears petrifying them.

The bottom line is: I'm normal. I think that part of my problem is that I'm not jumping often enough. Most of the people who said they were jumping about every month were having the biggest problems with the fear. This was also a common statement at the dropzone. Sunday I wasn't sure if I would ever return (again), but something in me keeps telling me to try again. I suppose this is just another setback to overcome.

I am still going to take a little bit more time to think things through, but I am considering at least going to the DZ to be around the atmosphere. I really love it there, and perhaps all of those positive thoughts will take over my one fear. I don't want to give up just yet.

Note to self: Review old journal entry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home