Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I've Found My Way Back

So, why you may ask? I ask myself this question almost every Sunday that I go. Well, let me count the ways...

Because I've realized that even during my darkest moments, you have always been there. Though I have chosen to stray so far, you continued to hold my hand and patiently waited for me to be ready to find my way back. It's because through all of my choices, I look at my life and realize that although not perfect, I am still so blessed with all I have been given. I realize I have never been alone, and that no matter what life may bring me, I can always find strength in you and trust that I will never endure anything on my own. I am so blessed and for that I am thankful.

It was as if my pastor clearly read my mind. This evening as I sat in the water before my baptismal with tears in my eyes, he looked at me and said, "...I think that God is telling you that he is pleased with you." But the most meaningful thing he said to me before I was lowered was a simple, "Welcome Home..." And as I felt the water surround me, I felt all of my pain and my past wash away and my life and faith renewed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home