Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Niece Is In Town!

zipline 001
Erick and El usually go out of town somewhere cool for their anniversary, but because of the new baby, things have changed. I suppose it poses the problem of what to do with Isa, and then I guess the whole money situation can change a bit, too, with a baby. So, this year, they spent their anniversary week back home. Now, I know that sounds cool and all, but would you believe they spent it working on my mom and dad's patio? Fun fun!!

The cool thing is that every time they visit, it's always a mad dash, and I really don't get to see them or spend time with them. I guess it wasn't a whole lot different this time, because Erick was busy helping Dad, and I was working a lot myself. However, on my day off, we were finally able to all get together and do some hanging out.

Oh, long gone are the days of Charleston Sports Pub with my brother. Or, the fun times of being out all night long at Acme. Instead, we spent some quality family time with his family and Gabriel at Chuckie Cheese. It's really kind of cool that our kids are only 9 months apart. Right now, they are going through different stuff, but later on, they will probably have more in common and be more interested in doing stuff together. For now, it was fun watching them play simple games and enjoy the rides.



Gabriel was able to do a little bit more than Isa, since he's at least walking, but she was still willing to try and participate in the activities. zipline 015 Here they are tossing ping pong balls in some buckets, and trying to win tickets for prizes!

zipline 014 Here's Uncle Erick and Gabriel doing some male bonding time. Heeyyy...that's cheating! You can't use both hands!!

zipline 020 Gabriel climbed up into this thing, and I thought he was going to use the slide, but once he got to the top, he chickened out and crawled back down. Oh well, maybe next time....

zipline 018 zipline 017
And then, of course, you can't leave without dinner! A child's true main staple--pizza! After eating, we counted up the tickets and Gabriel scored himself some really cool plastic bugs.

It was actually a lot of fun to do stuff with the kids. It's by no means easy work, and I find myself becoming frustrated at times, but I can honestly say that I enjoy being a mom. It's a great thing to be able to watch your child enjoying themselves and their new experiences. Even cooler is when they have their cousins around to do things with them. I'm looking forward to when the kids are grown up, and they can look back at these pictures and treasure growing up together. I'm glad I have my family, too, to do this with!

Thanks for visiting, Erick and El! Disneyworld?

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disney would be awesome, but the clock is ticking...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home