Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas 2007

Good morning, Mommy! I was looking forward to Christmas a little more this year. I'd been gearing Gabriel up and prepping him with stories and movies of Rudolph, Frosty, and most importantly Santa. We woke up Christmas morning, and started the day out by lounging in bed and cuddling. When we were finally ready to let our feet hit the floor, he was all about opening presents!



I think that Gabriel is still a bit young to understand Christmas, but he's certainly getting the hang of opening gifts. For the past week or two, he's been tearing open gifts on his own without my knowing. I'll be in the kitchen cooking or cleaning, and I will hear him excitedly shout, "Ooooh! Books! Cooooolll!" or whatever surprise he's managed to unwrap. I finally wised up and had to start to watch him like a hawk when he would near the tree. Luckily, the gifts he's opened are all his indeed. I have no idea how he knows which ones are the good ones to open.



As usual, Christmas was its hectic self. None of my siblings were able to make it home this year, which was a bit of a bummer. But, we did go to the in-laws and my parents' like we normally do. Before you knew it, Christmas had come and gone, and the house in disarray.

I don't know what it was, but I really wasn't much into the holiday this year. I enjoy shopping for the gifts and such, but I suppose that with all the rushing around, and then getting back to work the following day, it's a little hard to really enjoy it. I'm hoping that one year soon, we will be able to get away and hole up for the holidays. Just us, and enjoying sitting in one spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home