Saturday, February 25, 2006

First Day Out

Kevin and I had a wedding to attend to today in Columbia. Seeing it was an outdoor wedding, I knew that it would probably be wise to leave the baby with his Nana and Papa. To be honest, I'd almost considered not attending the wedding at all, but after a few days thought, decided to just grin and bear it.

You see, this is my first time to be away from Gabriel, and I wasn't quite sure how I would take it. Now, don't misunderstand me. I completely trust my in-laws. What I didn't trust is how I would handle not being around my son. I packed his bags, instructed his Nana on the feeding instructions, stifled my tears, and kissed my sleeping son good-bye.

All throughout the wedding and reception, all I could think about was him. I tried not to spend the entire day talking about the baby, since this was the first day out with Kevin in quite awhile. Instead, I tried to focus on conversations that we would have had pre-baby. Still, my mind continued to drift back to Gabriel.

Well, I've survived being without him for 7 hours. Pretty good, if you ask me. Now, we're finally back in our home, with him sleeping soundly in our bedroom. You know, once upon a time, I couldn't understand how any woman would want to be completely dependent and become a stay at home mom. Now I can almost understand. Almost...

It's gonna be interesting trying to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home