Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Visit From the Siblings!


rb
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.
For President's Day weekend, my brother, his wife, and my sister all visited from Orlando. I was pretty excited for them to meet their new nephew for the first time.

Another reason for their visit, was to celebrate Erick's mother-in-law's birthday. I really didn't think I would be able to go, since feeding the baby in public is a little...uh...
awkward?! But luckily, I decided to introduce his first bottle the night prior to the dinner celebration.

We went out to RB's at Shem Creek. It's been probably almost 10 years since I've eaten there, but I assured Erick that from what I could remember, the food was good (I hoped my memory hadn't failed me). The dinner started out on the wrong foot because of hostessing problems, but the food more than made up for the long wait-thankfully.

Gabriel stayed asleep the entire time; that is, until my plate was set down in front of me--of course. But, my dear dear brother was gracious enough to feed me while I had my hands full feeding the baby. Hey, that's what family is for...LOL

I had hoped to see and spend lunch with the family at my parents the next afternoon, but unfortunately, Gabriel had kept me up most of the night demanding to be fed every hour. Needless to say, I was completely zonked by morning time and unable to make lunch and bid my good-byes.

It was good to see family again. I hope that I can get Gabriel on a schedule here soon, because I think I would enjoy traveling with the baby. Of course, taking some trips without him might be good too...eventually.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Lek said...

Hi Len

Sorry we didn't get to spend as much as time as we would have liekd. You know how that goes. Glad we got to meet your little boy. I'll have pics loaded onto my blogger as soon as I can - still gotta load the new York postings...doh!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

We're working on getting a schedule together; hopefully next time we get to spend time together, it'll be a little easier to get around and spend more time... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home