Friday, October 21, 2005

Little Dog; Big Mouth

I'm quite paranoid about hitting animals in my car, since my neighborhood can be dark at night. I've already hit a deer in the road, and a dog in the highway in the past 6 months-quite traumatic I must say. Since then, I drive like grandma in Moncks Corner, overly cautious of what critter may be trying to cross.

Last night driving through the darkest area, I noticed little eyes glowing in the road. Possum? Raccoon? Cat? As I slowly neared, I could see that it was a tiny white dog, running around in the middle of the road. This dog was running around my car and underneath it, so much as to where I had to completely stop my car. Inching slowly up, I saw him beside my driver's side, and I slowly began to drive on. About 30 feet up the road, I happened to glance in my side mirror, and there was the dog chasing behind me in my car! I thought for sure he would tire before making all the way to my house, but this this little rascal followed me all the way home!

As I pulled into my driveway and opened my door, he immediately jumped into my car, onto my lap, and eagerly covered my face with kisses (yuck!). Afraid he would get hit by a car, and vowing to find his owner in the morning, I let him stay in the backyard.

BIG MISTAKE. This little dog barked the entire fricking night. Kevin finally grew tired of the little yapper, and let him out of the backyard. Although he was free again to run where he pleased, he decided to sit outside of our bedroom window and bark the whole night. Needless to say, we didn't sleep very well last night, and I'm sure our neighbor didn't either.

I'm convinced that this dog wasn't an escapee or lost. I truly think that this little shit got kicked out of his house. Now that it's daylight, he's nowhere to be seen; but frankly, I don't really give a damn. Just stay away from my house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home