Thursday, November 20, 2008

Needful Things


bob
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.
Oh...I'm getting that fever. I've taken a very long break since my race last September. As my clothes are getting tighter, and I'm eating whatever my heart desires, I'm becoming increasingly disgusted with myself...once again.

I think I'm going to run the Turkey Run next week for Thanksgiving. That will be motivation for me to get off my ass and start training again. It's just a short 5k, but hey, something is better than nothing. And then in December is the Reindeer Run. I don't know why, but I need to stay in races to keep me training. And coincidentally, I haven't been in any races since September. That must be why I took such a long break. And then, there is the annual Cooper River Bridge Run in April.

So, the year that Gabriel was born, I went to Once Upon A Child and bought a jogging stroller. I don't know what brand it was, but hell...whatever. It was $40. I was all excited about trying it out, and I excitedly cleaned it up, got Gabriel ready and took off for my first baby run. What a piece of shit. It's heavy as shit, hard to control, and I was more tired from fighting with the damned thing than I was from my run. Needless to say, that run quickly turned to a brisk walk. And that was the end of my jogging stroller.

Every time I run there's always the hassle of who will watch the baby. Kevin? My parents? Kevin's parents? Oh, nobody can do it? Well, no run for me today. Damn...So with the weather cooled, which will allow me for later runs in the day, I decided to do some investigating on which jogging strollers really had good reviews.

There was one stroller that runners absolutely raved about. The Bob Ironman jogging stroller! Ta-Da!! Lightweight, foldable (you can keep it in your SUV and use it as a regular stroller too), easy to control...awww, yeah...that's what I need right there.

Excitedly, I started shopping online, and the pricetag on this thing is $350! Ouch...hmmmm, with tuition and books and Christmas coming, maybe not int he budget right now. But you know how you get the bug and you want something, you obsess and you GOTTA have it-right now? Sorry, but tuition is on the top of my priority list right now. Instead, I called up Kevin and asked if I could have just ONE present for Christmas this year.....

Anyone else wanna beat him to the punch? I don't wanna wait that long! Waaahh!

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger ha1ku said...

There's a hint, if I ever saw one haha!

OK we know what we're getting the Marshalls for Christmas. Pony up for the Wah-I-Need-A-Jogging-Stroller charity fund!

Cher, do us the kind favor and link us to your preferred online store, or set up a gift registry, or something...

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

no...i was just kidding. i really am gonna wait for kevin to get it for christmas. i'm just whining cause i want it NOW! lol...aren't we drawing name for christmas these days, and concentrating ont he kids instead?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lek said...

Sheeeet...you must be out yo damn mind. I'll tell you what...I'll buy it for you, if you buy me a new 37" flatscreen lcd tv. Deal?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lek said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home