Monday, September 10, 2007

Goodbye 20's; Hello 30's


P9080008
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! I'm oollld and moldy, Happy Birthday to me!

I worked on my birthday, but ditched at 2:30. I had some quick errands to run and dropped off the baby before heading home to shower and get ready. I really hate parties for myself, so I asked for something low key and intimate. Kevin was happy to comply, and had some friends join us for dinner and cocktails downtown at Carolina's. I think I've written about Carolina's before, but I chose this restaurant for the dessert. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my crabcakes and aligot potatoes, I really look forward to the pecan brittle basket with fresh fruit. Not only that, but I can really tear up some baked goat cheese with greens. YUM!

Following dinner were cocktails at Mercato's. By then, I had a splitting headache and was exhausted, so I was home and in bed by 2 a.m. Damn, I am getting old.P9080011

One big thing that I really wanted was to celebrate my birthday with my family, so Sunday was the "family celebration" day. Kevin and I picked up Gabriel, and headed off to the aquarium downtown. P9090020

This was actually Gabriel's second time at the aquarium, but he was only 6 months old the first time he visited, and I doubt he remembered. He was actually very well behaved and loved looking at all the exhibits. The thing he enjoyed the most, though, were the large maccaw parrots at the Amazon exhibit. He kept asking to go back and say hello to them. P9090026

It was a really nice day Sunday, so after the aquarium, Kevin and I sat in the sunshine at the park and watched Gabriel do what little boys do. Play in the dirt and look for bugs. He loves bugs!

The afternoon was very relaxing and enjoyable, and to be quite honest, I was more excited about the family time over hanging out downtown. Well, then again, I can always appreciate a good dinner...It was a good birthday.

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger ha1ku said...

Argh! I'm so lame! Happy belated birthday cheeky pie.

Tell me what you want for your birfday...

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

it's okay! i hear memory loss is a sign of old age though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home