Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Let's Get Creative!


Sussex Great Room
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.
Well, I've left First Coast Homes, and am now working with Rex Thompson Homes, Carlton Place in Goose Creek. It's a pretty community; lots of trees, which is rare to find in a new community, and pretty hills.

I can tell already that this builder is different than the one I worked with before. For starters, we actually get to decorate and choose all the selections in our model home. My partner, Kathy, and I got through choosing our flooring, cabinets, and countertops. Next, was the fun part. Paint colors! I wanted to do something kind of contemporary and different. With my own home, I have really been limited with what I could choose. Kevin and I have very contrasting tastes, and since he's the one with the money who can actually pay for all the stuff, I've sort of left the decisions up to him. But, Kathy was more than willing to make this a collaborative effort with something we both liked, and thought would make the house look good. I'm so excited!!

I decided to go with the espresso brown and taupe in the living room. So far, I think it looks good, but I can't say that the owner is too thrilled at this point. He called Kathy to jokingly ask what this s**t was in the model? We both reassured him to give us time to get things together, and it would come along nicely.

Sussex Master Bedroom2 I left the master bedroom to Kathy's liking, since she let me have free reign with the great room. She decided that a robin blue bedroom would compliment the downstairs nicely. I must admit, it turned out a bit brighter than we anticipated, but perhaps once we can get the decorations and things in (chocolate brown?), it will tone it down. I think it looks cool so far with the tray ceiling though.

So, what do you think? Stay tuned to see how the house turns out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home