Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I took a piece of plastic clay
And idly fashioned it one day;
And as my fingers pressed it still,
It moved and yielded at my will.

I came again when days were past,
The form I gave it still did last
And as my fingers pressed it still,
I could change that form no more at will.

I took a piece of living clay,
And gently formed it day by day,
And molded with my power and art,
A young child's soft and yielding heart.

I came again when days were gone;
It was a man I looked upon,
He still that early impress bore,
And I could change it never more.

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful ... did you write this?

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

no, i saw it in a book that i bought the other day. "how to be a positive mom" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home