Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's Funny How Things Work Out


Fire
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.
On my way to church this past Sunday, I was stunned to see our sanctuary with a large gaping hole. Apparently, it had endured a pretty serious fire. The volunteers were leading the congregation to their parking and directing us to an extension building to hold our services in.

I found out later that Friday evening, a fire had started in one of the classrooms and was put out by the fire department. A few hours later, another fire broke out in another classroom and spread, making it to our sanctuary. The fire was so bad, that they had to flood the church. Everything is completely destroyed.

So, here we were in the extension building that was just completed a couple months back. Yes, it was warm and overcrowded, with not enough chairs for the congregation to sit, but nonetheless we were able to have a place of worship that Sunday. And a day or two before the fire, the path to the extension was completed too. Our nursery and everything in it was destroyed, but the Royal Rangers building for kids was newly completed and able to be used as a nursery for now. What a coincidence, huh?

I hear that some of the volunteers or workers went to the stores to restock the nursery for baby equipment, but once the word spread about the fire, they were able to pick out whatever the children needed and it was all donated to the church. That's awfully generous!

I found myself feeling relieved and thankful that nobody was hurt during the fire (especially in the nursery). I can't help but feel this all as somehow helped my wavering faith, and reminds me that God truly does work in mysterious ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home