Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Gadget Nerd


Timex Ironman GPS

I took off on a 5 mile run today to try out my new anniversary gift that Kevin bought me. Since getting ready for the Cooper River Bridge Run, I've been on a running high and was given a Timex Ironman GPS System.

It's pretty cool. On top of being a normal sportwatch, which I needed anyway, it has a heart monitor, and can tell you exactly how far and how fast you're running. Although I spent the first half mile fiddling around with trying to figure out all the buttons, I finally got it straight.

What I really need now are some new running shoes. My Saucony's have had their share of mileage, and my throbbing knee and ankle are begging for some new cushioning. I think I may start looking into those in a couple weeks. Besides, knowing how I am with things that I'm hot on at the moment...well, just like I've said, it's only for that moment. Let me make sure that my running bug won't leave me too quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home