Friday, January 28, 2005

Full Fledged Moncks Corner Gal


Howdy! Okay, it's not THAT bad, but it's how I feel...


Do you remember that tooth that's been bothering me? Remember the dentist who claimed it was just food particles stuck underneath my gum, and charged me $75 to floss it out? Well, I made an appointment with another clinic to get my teeth cleaned, and guess what they found? The reason why food keeps getting trapped underneath my gum is because my tooth is completely fractured in half! Well, that explains that.

I had an appointment yesterday to fix it. After racking my brain and trying to decide if I should get it extracted and purchase an implant to fill in the gap, I finally decided to just yank it. Hell, a damned implant will cost me about $1600! Ouch!

I have never in my entire life had a tooth pulled. Well, not including my 4 wisdom teeth that really needed to be cut out. I take pride in my constant teeth brushings and nightly flossings. And now, I'm going to be missing tooth? That's a hard pill to swallow. Even harder to swallow was the thought of someone jerking my tooth out. Believe it or not, it wasn't that bad. After the numbing, it was only about a minute or two of feeling like my jaw was going to be torn off of my face, and then viola! Instant hillbilly look!

Surprisingly, I'm not in any pain. I even went straight to work and taught kickboxing. Only thing is, I feel extremely self-conscious about this gap. It's really not bad, actually. It's so far back in my mouth, that even my largest grin won't give it away. Still, I can't help but to sheepishly only give little smirks to people I meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home