Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Blood Is Thicker...

Although the past couple of months for me have been stressful, this past week has been especially so. I have been so wrapped up in caring for my dad, that I haven't been working as much. My poor husband has been left here at work, trying to take care of everything. The days that I do come in, it's always a game of catch-up, and trying to figure out what has been going on while I've been away. Also, I haven't even really spent much time with him for the past month-I've just been so busy. On top of that, I've been trying to find the time to take care of me. Ok, so I've been spreading myself between...let's see:

1) Taking care of Dad
2) Helping Mom with Dad
3) Help Mom with Mom
4) Don't neglect work responsibilities (too much)
5) Keep up with house
6) Try not to neglect husband
7) Don't neglect me!

My siblings all came home last week to be there for my dad's surgery. Everyone drove and worked their asses off. After the weekend, they all jumped in their cars and dragged their asses back home. I've come to realize that, yes, this is a lot of work. Yes, we're all exhausted. Sometimes I wonder how I still have the energy to wake up early in the mornings from day to day and run til night. But, it's like you just go on auto-pilot and think nothing of it. After all, of all your friends and loves of your life, I've come to realize that there is just no love like your family's. I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home