Saturday, January 01, 2005

Fly I Right Now

Erick woke me yesterday morning with a phone call, asking me if I could hop on the next plane to Orlando. I had already cancelled my flight for the day before, and Kevin had already made dinner reservations for New Year's Eve. Although I was disappointed about not making it out the day before, I really didn't think I would just hop on the plane and head out last minute.

After hanging up with my brother and jumping into the shower, I decided to just go ahead and do it. Hell, I deserve it and felt I really needed the break to just get away and breathe. Knowing that my dad's surgery will be on Wednesday, I figured now would be the time to take a breath before plunging into what would be lying ahead.

Quickly throwing some clothes into my suitcase and heading towards the airport, I called Erick, to let him know what I had decided. He was even generous enough to book my flight and confirm it while I drove and chatted on the phone with him. One hour later, there I was in Orlando. Nice.

El's birthday is New Year's Eve, and once I arrived in Florida, I assisted Erick with decorating, cleaning, and cooking for the party. I must admit that everything turned out very nicely, and I believe that everyone had a good time-especially the birthday celebrant. I couldn't help to think about my husband and have guilty feelings for leaving him back home in Charleston, but I have no regrets. I know deep in my heart that I badly need this break to brace myself for the next few weeks.

I'm having such a good time here. But even as I relax and enjoy my stay with my siblings, my thoughts continue to drift back to my husband and my dad. I just have to remind myself that for just 2 more days, I'm to only have fun and enjoy my time-nothing else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home