Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

laughing at mommy

Well, here it is...another Mother's Day. I can't say that it was anything "spectacular." I was hoping I would be able to sleep in and be spoiled by Kevin taking care of the baby this morning, but I wasn't. I went through my routine of getting up with Gabriel and giving him breakfast, changing his clothes, playing with him...I had a ton to do today. I thought maybe Kevin would watch him so I could run errands. Nope, Gabriel was getting tired, and Kevin doesn't know how to get him to nap, so I had to put him to sleep. By the time he awoke, I still hadn't gotten ready, then it was time for lunch, then it was time to get ready for the in-laws' cookout.

Holy crap, it's Mother's Day and Kevin's back is hurting. So, my meal was abruptly cut short because my toddler is all over the house and his dad can't keep up. I'm exhausted, and frustrated, and disappointed. But on my way home from visiting his Lolo and Lola, he's asleep in the backseat.

I look back at him and sigh. My God, I can't believe how absolutely beautiful my child is. I am so crazy in love with this little guy, and it dawns on me, that there is nothing disappointing about today. I didn't get a clean house, or a day of luxury, but sleeping quietly in the backseat is my gift. For being a mom, I've had my reward all along.

(now, if I can just resist putting him in the bed with me...)

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger ha1ku said...

Aw! Maybe sometime you guys can drop the little man over here for a week or so, so you two can take a break.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Lek said...

Why? What's Kevin going to do for a week at your house? He's gonna be bored I bet...

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

oh! you meant gabriel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home