Sunday, February 11, 2007

Long Delay

Sorry, guys. I know you all have been waiting to hear about Gabriel's birthday. My modem is down, and I've yet to take it to the phone company to replace (if that's truly the problem). I can't seem to motivate myself to upload on a dialup computer at work. Right now, I'm working off of my wireless card, that I've finally just started using tonight. You see, my laptop has been acting crazy, and come to find out, I thought I had virus protection, which after a YEAR, found out I don't. So, I've finally gotten my computer cleaned up, and it's working a lot better now. On top of that, I'm sick as hell. I've been sick for 3 days now with body aches, fever, chills, and a freaking sore throat that's painful enough to make you cry.

Mom and Dad were gracious enough to stay Friday night to take care of Gabriel and get up with him in the morning so I could rest. They also spent Saturday here to play with him and care for him while I slept. I'm sure they'll be here later on Sunday too. Of course, he slept fine Friday night when I had help, but here I am now at 4:30 a.m. because he woke up calling me and wanting to converse all night. When I told him it was time for bed and insisted he go to bed on his own, he completely threw a tantrum. I tried to be a nice mommy and sit in the rocker while he threw he stomped his feet and yelled, but come on...I'm really not in the mood for this. So, I hugged him, bid him goodnight (and watched him freak out), and left the room. He threw a fit for a whole 5 minutes--TOPS. I should have left the room a long time ago; more like an hour ago.

It's actually kind of neat. I'm realizing that Gabriel is really understanding what you're saying now. The other day, he waved and said, "bye-bye!" It was only once, but I think my jaw dropped. And then not too long after that, he was playing with his sneakers, and I said, "shoes!" only to hear him repeat me. He will shake his head "no" if you ask him if he wants his milk, water, or food, or whatever. But, if you ask and he does want it, he'll hold his hands out. Tonight as he threw his tantrum, I told him to lay down and he would sit down and cry. I asked him to drink his water and go to bed, and he actually crawled over to his sippy cup and threw it out of his crib in protest. I know he was throwing a tantrum, but I was still impressed that he was comprehending me. Amazing.

Anyway, he's asleep and I need to be doing the same. I hope he'll sleep in tomorrow, but not likely. I hope my parents get here tomorrow after church--and fast.

I'll try to see if I can upload some pics on this wireless card; I just don't have the patience for a slow connection. But I promise...they'll be up soon.

Time to go to bed!

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Lek said...

Yup - El and I are quickly seeing how rapidly these kids develop. Isa is now the proud owner of a third hand growing out the back of her head. Kidding. Nah she follows me with her eyes as I walk around a room - maybe it helps that I'm wearing a clownsuit. She also smiles when you speak to her and responds in gibberish. Yesterday she actually attempted to roll over from her back, but again it may been because she was laying on a bed of ants.

Get well soon! Being sick sucks. Hope Flintstone liked his birthday circus prints - sorry we couldn't be there!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

you doofus. i'm not sure what would be a more interesting sight to see; isa's 3rd hand, or you in a clown suit? then again, the ants might make for fun times too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home