Monday, April 02, 2007

Cooper River Bridge Run 2007


bridgephoto3
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.
Well, I finally made it onto the bridge. I told myself I would run the first bridge run right after having Gabriel, but who was I fooling? Having a baby in February, and running a 10k 2months later was an absolutely ridiculous goal. Obviously, little did I know how worn out my mind and body would be as a new mother.

Now that he's a year old, I was determined to get onto the bridge this year, and I did. Thank goodness. Okay, so perhaps not any spectacular records being broken, but I was out there doing something I enjoyed for ME, and for once, I'm beginning to feel human. I'm beginning to feel more like me again.

I don't know if I'm going to keep up with running as the weather heats up. If I continue to run the bridge, that will mean I'll have to get up earlier to attempt to beat the sun up there. Once the sun is up, you'd better be off that thing, or at least pretty close to being done. Otherwise, I would imagine it's torture. I'm not sure how long I will stay committed to this, but time will tell.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Good for you! I admire your strong will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home