Monday, November 06, 2006

First Family Trip


pisgah_gabriel
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.

I commented to Kevin a few times that I would like to do more "family stuff." So, in response to that, he got a bright idea and came home with a new camper. We met with a couple of friends and headed out towards Asheville, NC to "rough it" for the weekend. Now, I say "roughing it" with the quotation marks boldly marked, as our camper had a bathroom and shower. Sorry buddy...that's as close to roughing it as I'm gonna get.

The evening hit 20's and the daytime was probably about in the 40's or 50's. Cold as shit! Gabriel cried both nights and kept me up all weekend. That was torture enough for me, and I spent my weekend pretty crabby. Although I'm not quite certain if I'll be back for more (especially before Gabriel is old enough to walk), I must admit that it was quite beautiful out there. The trees were bright reds and oranges, and we even ate all of our meals fireside, thanks to Todd!

Interesting for a first family trip, but I'm pretty sure it's a trip I won't be asking for again. Oh well. You don't know til you try!

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Lek said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Lek said...

It's almost like he could be anywhere and be oblivious to anything else around him. Does he know he's even up in the mountains? The beauty of being a child..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home