Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Baby's First Picture

ultrasound9w What an exciting morning! Kevin and I woke bright and early to make it to my 8 a.m. appointment. Today would be our first day to see the baby.

I have to admit that although I'm happy about being pregnant, I haven't been really "excited." I just don't feel pregnant, really, and sometimes forget I am. All that I've had to go by is reading my week by week progression of the baby's development. But seeing the baby today made me feel differently.

They had a little bit of trouble at first finding it, as it was hiding in the corner "squished." Notice the cramped living space...But once we did find it, it was happily dancing away. It's amazing to see this little living life inside of you, moving about. Also, we were able to see the heart beating, and heard it as well for the first time. This was absolutely the most amazing sound to hear, and I immediately became very emotional. Even Kevin became teary-eyed.

I have a new, more accurate due date...February 11th. I'm 9 1/2 weeks along; not 11. Finally today, it's hit me...

Today I've begun to feel my first joys of motherhood.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

heeheehee!! little, huh?? our next one will be in 2 or 3 months. i'll keep you posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home