Saturday, June 18, 2005

Early Father's Day Surprise

surprise My Dad was going to be busy with a picnic for Father's Day, so I took him and my mom out to dinner tonight. Dinner was nice, and before our meal was served, I handed him his Father's Day present. Inside, was a book "I Already Know I Love You." Here are some of the verses:

I'm going to be your grandpa!
I have the biggest smile.
I've been waiting to meet you
for such a long, long while.

I have so much to tell you
before you slide into home plate.
I already know I love you
as I sit right here and wait.

I want to show you the wind
and how it bends the grass.
I'm waiting to give you bear hugs-
the kind that last and last.

I want to teach you about our family
with pictures from long ago.
you're the new twig on our tree,
and I can't wait to watch you grow.

...Get ready, little sweet one-
your life will be just great.
I'm going to be your grandpa, and...
I can hardly wait.

Also inside of his book was a greeting card, sent by his grandchild-to-be, with instructions that they would meet sometime around February 2nd.

That's right, I surprised my parents today with news that they would be grandparents! There was lots of tears and rejoicing, followed by a celebration with tiramisu.

I'm still somewhat in awe, myself.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Lek said...

Hey Len! Congratulations! We're both happy for you!
-Erick & El

 

Post a Comment

<< Home