Sunday, April 17, 2005


Wahoo!! I'm flying!!

Saturday morning, the four of us drove to Lookout Mountain, right outside of Chattanooga. Although Tracie and Roddy weren't too keen on our activity for the day, I was thrilled that Kevin agreed to try hanggliding. So, as part of his birthday present, I bought him his first taste of flight, and a t-shirt to commemorate it.

I was under the impression that we would be running off the top of the mountain, but was disappointed to find out that instead, we would be pulled to 2000' altitude by an ultralight and then released to fly about. I've never seen an ultralight in real life, and decided that this will be my next method of getting into the air.

Hanggliding is indeed probably the purest form of flight anyone can experience. Although it was enjoyable, I would describe it more as peaceful. I was sort of expecting it to be more adrenaline pumped, but it wasn't--not compared to skydiving, anyway. I've decided that I must be an adrenaline junkie, as I felt a tad let down, finding myself getting somewhat bored towards the end of my flight. However, it was fun and I would probably do it again. For someone who has never experienced flying, I would definitely recommend it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home