Monday, April 07, 2008

2008 Bridge Run


2008 bridge run
Originally uploaded by xosunnydaysxo.
I ran the annual Cooper River Bridge Run Saturday morning, with Tracie. We were expecting thunderstorms, and I was prepared with ponchos and my ipod in a ziplock bag, but we were lucky and never got rained on.

My goal was to run the entire bridge with no walk breaks, and it was accomplished at 1:17. With that goal being attained, I expected our time to have improved since last year, but strangely enough, I ran 4 minutes slower?! No big deal, but I am sort of at a loss. Anyway, I am still proud to have finished attaining my goal. Besides, I just love being a part of this event.

Saturday was also my 5th wedding anniversary, and we played it very low key. We'll be leaving early next Saturday morning to do our real anniversary celebration in Mexico. I can't wait!!

3 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger ha1ku said...

I'm such a dope, you guys. *sheepish grin* Happy Anniversary...

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger XOsunnydaysXO said...

nah, no big deal. kevin forgot too....

...just kidding... ;)

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Lek said...

doh, me three...Happy Anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home